*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Trust in Him


Today I would like to give thanks for the blessing of beautiful hymns and songs. Their lyrics give expression to our confidence in the Savior’s sustaining love and give us hope as we face each days challenges.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
Words: Bill & Gloria Gaither

An important facet of the hymns and songs we enjoy are the writers of the wonderful lyrics, such as Bill and Gloria Gaither. With the Gaither's song writing and many Homecoming concerts they have done a tremendous job of spreading joy. I discovered the Homecoming concerts on TV a couple years ago. The joyous singing celebrates God, the Christian life, the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His second coming.

The words of the following song express my desire to be always in touch with the truths of the salvation so freely offered and available to each one who will receive it.

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best—
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
….
Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
Ever to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.

For more Thankful Thursday posts please click here.

15 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing these words, I love to sing praises to my Lord. Happy valentines day.

Susan said...

Oh, this was so good, and so perfect for me to read tonight!

Blessings to you this Thankful Thursday...

Heart 4 My Home said...

I love to praise and worship our LORD, so to read your darling post it really hit home. Wow, this is an awesome TT post.

Happy valentine Day!

*carrie* said...

Carrie,

I hope you'll stop by my blog soon to meet other bloggers named Carrie! http://watibg.blogspot.com/2008/02/carried-away.html

I love the words of "Because He Lives"--filled with hope!

Anonymous said...

I know the two songs and i sing that in my church. They let me sing once in a while and i love that songs. Because He lives & Day by day. Such a lovely post.. Happy Valentines Day.

Trina said...

I love that song! Happy Valentine's Day

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Valentines Day!
Penny

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Just stopped by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you are feeling well!

Katherine

Cheryl said...

I love this song "Because HE lives"!! love the words! Thanks for a wonderful TT post. Happy Valentine's Day!

Kathy b said...

Because He lives was sung at my mom's funeral and we used to sing Day by Day in Swedish in my childhood. Both hymns are favorites.
I love old hymns. My sister calls each morning and we sing a hymn together on the phone. I find the hymn and she joins in and harmonizes. It is a very special part of each morning.

Kathy b

eph2810 said...

It is so true that hymns truly can express our joy of salvation.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours this Thankful Thursday/Valentines Day.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I love hymns! And the ones you posted are two of my favorites. Thanks for sharing!

on the Rock said...

These are deeply moving hymns!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful TT post. Happy Valentine's Day.

Shari said...

Your appreciation for hymns is so neat. We sing mostly modern songs at our church. But, a few months ago, they had a special hymn sing along. I went and enjoyed it so much, because it had been so long since I had sang most of those songs. The words of the hymns just really touched me and cried though out half of it. But, I still enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next one.