*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tablescape Thursday – New Breakfast Table Setting


I have been wanting to set a new tablescape for our breakfast table in the kitchen. However, my 91-year old mother gets so attached to whatever new tablescape I make in either the dining room or on the kitchen table. She insisted that the kitchen table was just fine. But it was ok to do the dining room since there was little to look at there. So, with her agreeable assistance, I laid out last week’s Tablescape Thursday setting.

For working on the the kitchen, I had to pick a time when she had gone to bed to remove and put away the old and set up the new. The new color scheme incorporates new placemats and coordinating napkins from TJ Maxx.
Their blue-green color coordinates with the wall color. (Sory about the reflecctions of the glass top onto the wall.)
I laid two placemats end-to-end across the blue-green striped table topper.

The place setting includes off-white Wedgwood "Edme" dinner plates, a napkin, Canonsburg "American Traditional" square salad plates, and Noritake "Misty Isle" cereal bowls, made in Ireland. The bowls pick up the soft color of the napkins.
The flatware is Towle Supreme Staineless "English Shell," a nice traditional pattern.
The formula of dinner plate, salad plate, and cereal bowl has worked well through out summer. Added for cool fall days are Canonsburg "American Traditional" cups and saucers, which we enjoy for hot herb teas. The matching covered sugar bowl holds Splenda and Sevita sweetners.
Tall tumblers hold filtered water, while the clear "Vendange" goblets from Cristal D'Arques serve for fruit juices.

The lid of the off-white soup tureen is tied with the cord that held the four placemats and four napkins together.

Just to add interest are a green antiqued metal candlestick 9also from TJ Maxx), a ceramic banana, and ceramic split pear salt and pepper.


When my mother got up during the night she was surprised and delighted to see the new setting.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will visit again soon. Please leave a comment. Be sure to visit our hostess Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts.

14 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is so pretty! I really like the color scheme! Love the candlestick!

I understand your mother not wanting to change the TTs! I sorta miss some of the ones I've made, sometimes hate to take them down!

Katherine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I can certainly understand why she doesn't want a table changed, this one is just perfection. I love the pretty soft colors and all the dishes are stunning. Such a beautiful setting. Hugs, Marty

Sarah said...

I can relate to your mom's feelings. Your tables are beautiful and all the more special that you can share them with your 90 year old mother. My mom celebrated 95 years yesterday.

Krystal Kats said...

How cute about your mom. Everything is perfect and just splendrous! thanks for sharing and have a lovely evening.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What wonderful candelsticks! I needed your pretty fruits on my table this week. Love how you made the runner out of the placemats -- so pretty this all is. I'm sure your mother was delighted.

jninecostumes said...

Thanks for sharing not only your table but also your life at home. The colors are very soothing and would maek for a relaxing meal.

Marigene said...

What a beautiful table! I am in love with that candle holder...

Carrie said...

Mid-Atlantic Martha,
Yes, My mother is really enjoying the table setting, which we use for our daily meals. We only eat in the dining room for Sabbath lunch each Saturday, and when family and friends come over.
Carrie

ellen b said...

Hi Carrie,
Love all the accessories on your table and I like how you added some texture.

Joyce said...

Love it all and the phone matches too:)
Joyce

Allison Shops said...

I like the fabric pattern in the placemats. Very pretty.

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

I love how happy and how fun tablescapes can be for the whole family (even if you have to sneak around to do it!!)--everyone appreciates it; how could they not. NOW--tell me about the phone in your tabalescape--is that for mealtime conversation? lol I love the big candle stick holder!!

Carrie said...

Nannykim – About the phone on the breakfast table---our relatives are always calling it seems, just as we are eating, so having the phone handy is great—even to ask for a call-back!
All my best,
Carrie

Sharlotte said...

What a pretty table. I'm sure your mother was quite surprised by your treat! It's just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.