*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tablescape Thursday – Early Fall Setting


Hello friends! I haven’t been able to participate in Tablescape Thursday for a long time, but I’m happy to join in this week.
Since it is still early fall, I wanted a quiet color scheme. I am not ready for the brighter fall colors of oranges and golds yet (Reminds me that pounds of oak and maple leaves will soon be all around needing to be raked up!) So I decided on a soft yellow rectangular tablecloth to underwrite a scheme of white and brown in this setting for four in the dining room.


Down the center of the table a large white ceramic pumpkin covered bowl has a smaller matching pair on either side.

The large pumpkin dish is placed on a yellow glass charger filled with acorns picked up on my driveway last fall. On the left is a Fitz and Floyd ceramic salt and pepper set shaped like acorns -- a fitting motif at Oak Rise Cottage!

Two brown hydrangea sprays in yellow glass tumblers are at each end..

The individual place settings include: Brown woven placemats, white Canonsburg "American Traditional" dinner plates and brown transferware salad plates by Royal Stafford, made in England; The goblets are brown Fostoria "Virginia." The flatware is Towle "English Shell" stainless flatware; striped wood napkin rings hold white napkins with brown embroidery. Nearby is a silver-topped wood salt and pepper set.


Be sure to visit our hostess Susan at
Between Naps on the Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts.

19 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Very soft and pretty. I especially like to white pumpkin (or maybe a squash) tureen in the center.
♥, Susan

Maureen said...

I love your colour scheme! The soft yellow tablecloth and the hydrangeas really set the tone. Very relaxing.

Deanna said...

Hello there!
Many Autumn Blessings to you this fine Fall Day.
It's such fun to be able to stop by and see what you're sharing for Tablescape Thursday.

The brown/white dishes are lovely. Really nice for this special occasion.

Your white pumpkin centerpiece is great, so pretty!

Hope you'll drop by for some hot chocolate,
d from homehaven

Rettabug said...

Why is it that everyone in blogland except ME has gorgeous pumpkins with lids??? *pout*

I think you achieved your subtle, muted look very nicely with this pretty table.

I see you collect teapots...ME TOO!
I'll have to post some photos of mine since I enjoyed seeing yours so much.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Carrie...

I just adore your soft color theme for your autumn table! Love, love, LOVE the brown with the soft buttery yellow! Ohhh...Girl, I love those white pumpkin tureens...they're gorgeous! I love how you did the large one up on the gold charger and surrounded it with all those pretty acorns! And speaking of acorns...those have got to be the cutest little acorn S&P shakers ever! Besides the pumpkin tureens, my favorites are the beautiful brown transferware plates...and that pattern is my favorite! I have a set of this same pattern in olive green! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful autumn table with us today...

Warmest wishes and Happy Fall!
Chari

nannykim/ spindle cottage said...

love your pumpkin stuff!! Very cute. I also love browns and I only have 2 brown bowls and nothing else!!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely table!

Blessings!
Gail

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love all the white pumpkins out now....very classey! Happy TT!

Cynthia said...

Loving the white pumpkins! Your table is lovely. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is just sooooo pretty. I absolutely LOVE your white pumpkin dishes. They are stunning. I am also crazy for brown transferware and love every pattern it comes in. Your entire table is just beautifully put together. Well done. Hugs, Marty

Brenda Pruitt said...

Very elegant and pretty tablescape. Especially love the Fostoria! I've been looking on eBay, but haven't found ones cheap enough yet!
Brenda

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

You've created such a beautiful table. I like that you've used some softer hues for fall instead of the typical deep, rich colors. Very well done...happy TT to you!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Beautiful table! Love your tureen and place settings! Great job!

santamaker said...

Beautifully elegant fall tablescape. Love the colors!

Salmagundi said...

Beaautiful! I love the softer colors of Fall, and especially the brown transferware salad plates. Take care, Sally

Blondie's Journal said...

I love this table!! I had to laugh at your not wanting to use all the leaf colors because of the upcoming raking!! Tell me about it!!

You did very well with your color scheme...it looks warm and welcoming. I adore transferware and I am seeing it a bit more now that fall is upon us. I also love your white pumkins. I think we are finding they do better in our indoor decorating than orange!!

Have a happy weekend!!

xoxo
Jane

Linda Q said...

Lovely Fall table. Love those pumpkin dishes and the brown transferware, nice!
Linda Q

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! I love the dishes!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is so pretty -- I just love white pumpkins!