*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday – Tablecloth




This post is part of Vintage Thingies Thursday. On her blog Lisa, the Apron Queen, gives a comprehensive list of the sorts of vintage items which qualify: Briefly, they include vintage linens and textiles, vintage kitchen items, and vintage sewing items.


My vintage item this week is a vintage linen tablecloth from my mother. With its light beige background and brown, mustard yellow and orange fruit and leaves, it will be great for a fall table setting.


The center design is a medley of fruit in a circular group.


The corner design is a basket of fruit with a ribbon on the handle.

Ribbons also hold small bunches of fruit around the border.

I can remember this cloth on the table in my mother’s house and am happy to add it to my table linens.

Do visit Confessions of an Apron Queen to see more Vintage Thingies posts.

7 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

What a beautiful tablecloth. Orange is my favorite color. Thanks for sharing! :D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Beautiful table cloth! I love old linens and this one looks to be in wonderful condition! ...will be great for the Fall! Your plants are pretty, also! Love your rhododendrons (sp?)...they are gorgeous! ~Rhonda

Amy said...

I love those vintage tablecloths, my late grandmother had a heap of them and thankfully I'm able to use them now too :-)

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Carrie, Vintage tablecloths are one of my most favorite things!I love the autumn colors on yours. I also love your rhododendrons! Susan

Jenn Thorson said...

I love the style of the designs then-- they have a very specific look. I have some floral ones with a similar feel-- they just really look like an oldfashioned, inviting home.

It'll be interesting to see in fall how the table turns out with this as the tablecloth-- I bet it will be lovely.

Lidian said...

Just beautiful!

Bonita said...

Very nice!