*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Show and Tell – Garden Spaces at ORC

Show and Tell
Show and tell Friday is hosted by Kelli at There is No Place Like Home.

Today’s post will be a bit different. I’d like to share photos of my garden and house exterior. These were taken a few years ago at the end of summer.

Looking at the photos ... Here is the front step and driveway garden which is all in containers. I have a difficult time with my back and can’t do all the bending I did years ago.


Going around the side of the garage toward the back yard

Along the side fence in late summer. The day lilies are barely still in bloom. The irises are done.


The past two years I did very little outside, but hope to do some gardening work this month, bit by bit, without overdoing it. I cannot afford to be laid up with my back when I am now taking care of my 89 ½ year old mother. But I plan to place colorful annuals among the established perennials.

This morning I spent some time working on the deck and also cleaning up the garden beds. The hyacinths are done now; tulips are coming now. The hostas are coming up and so are the iris plants.

Well, thank you for stopping by, and do come again. I would enjoy reading a comment from you.
To visit other Show and Tell posts, please go to Kelli’s.

10 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Carrie,
I enjoyed seeing photos of your garden and what is in bloom where you are. Here in CA, we are quickly moving from spring into "summer" It's quite warm today.
Take care of your back. Bless you for caring for your dear Mom. I miss my own so much..

LBP said...

Your garden is so serene and peaceful! Don't over do!

Blessings

Linda

Kelli said...

Your gardens are just lovely!
~Kelli

Kathy said...

Great pics! Your yard is so pretty!...Kathy

Irene said...

Taking care of a piece of Paradise, joining in God's creation.
I have lived in apartments but eventhough our new house has a tiny garden, I plan to continue to use pots. Much easier to manipulate, less bending involved.
Enjoy your gardening!

Anonymous said...

I love to see how people make their homes beautiful, both inside and out. Thank you for sharing! Blessings ~ Heather

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

We have so much to do to fix up our yard. I find it inspiring to see what others have done. Thanks for sharing!

Eleanor said...

Yes, I also have to nurse my back which complains bitterly when I push and pull things! It is frustrating when your fingers are itching to garden. But I am sure your summer garden is going to be splendid. And may you be given special grace as you care lovingly for your Mom. Thank you always for the visits! Love Eleanor

Dena said...

Your yard is just beautiful! I love the way you have used rock around the greenery. It's very peaceful.

Hugs,
Dena

Anita said...

Your yard is so pretty!! I love the rocks... and it looks so shady, and comfortable... I like the style of your fence, too! Everyone around here seems to get the same style fence, and I don't think I've ever seen this style here!

The garage on our new house is going to be shaped just like yours... :)