*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tablescape Thursday – Mother’s Day Table


This has been another very busy week, so I am late posting for Tablescape Thursday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. I will be sharing what I’ve done so far for the Mother’s Day tablesetting.

I am still lacking pink candles, flowers, and chargers. So far each place setting includes dinner, dessert, and bread and butter plates and cups and saucers. The china is Royal Albert "Lady Carlyle."

The tablecloth and napkins are in a very pale pink hemstitched linen. The flatware is gold with a floral embossing. The gold napkin rings echo the flatware.

Providing temporary embellishment are faux roses from one of last year’s Mother’s Day cakes, a Lady Carlyle cake plate on a Martha Stewart clear glass cake stand,; also white candles. I plan to use a fresh flowers in a vase and pink candles.
The tall goblet is Lenox "Autumn.." Colored Depression glass goblets or pilsner glasses are the second glass at each setting. Gilt fruit are scattered around and help pull out the gilt rims of the china.

Since it has been raining the past few days and will continue through Sunday, the tea set will provide for nice hot tea.

Be sure to visit our hostess Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts. http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/



8 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A very beautiful Mother's Day tablescape! You are lucky to still have your mother to enjoy the day!

The china is such a lovely pattern and the gold touches gives a nice pop to the pastels!

Have a nice celebration!

Katherine

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Carrie...this is beautiful! I LOVE your china! Your stemware is gorgeous and perfect with this tablescape! This would make a great Pink Saturday post, too! Quick, email Beverly over at How Sweet the Sound! :-)
Hugs,
Susan

Kammy said...

Hi Girlfriend ~
Love that china (I adore pink ~) you have sooo many pieces. I think I am a sucker for
a teapot with sugar and creamer... Gold flatware really pulls it together. So pretty and pink !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Kathleen Ellis said...

Carrie, this is lovely! Lady Carlysle is one of my favorite patterns! Your gold flatware is quite beautiful as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe the chargers in the pic you liked are from Horchow.

Have a FABulous weekend!
;-D

Made In The South said...

That table is so beautiful.I wish I had time to do that, but I have so enjoyed looking at yours. Thanks for stopping by.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

CARRIE, That china pattern is so elegant and gorgeous. I love the way your accessories pick up on the gold on the china. Lovely look for Mother's Day! laurie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Oooo, very pretty!!! happy Mother's day!!!

Robin said...

Fabulous.....
I love your tablescape.....love your china.
Have a beautiful Mother's Day.