*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday – Off the Hook, Twice…


I am grateful for the relief I experienced twice this week when kindness was extended to me. For a long time, I had tried unsuccessfully to win a particular item on eBay. Last week, I missed out twice. On Friday I again put a bid on a bowl and lid that I needed for my Liberty Blue set.

It seems I have too much going on right now…. Forgetting that completely, on Saturday night I bid separately on a lid and on the bowl – from two different sellers.

Then among my accumulated e-mails, I saw that I had won the lid and bowl from Friday! On Sunday I waited... and watched... and won the bowl.


So with a prayer in my heart I wrote and asked the seller to excuse my error and to re-list the bowl. No answer, so I wrote again….


Later, I won the lid!


I also wrote to that seller. By Tuesday both sellers had agreed and let me off the hook… Thank you Lord!

In my distress

I cried unto the Lord,

and he heard me.

Psalms 120:1


Read more expressions of gratitude for God’s blessings in the lives of His children at Iris’s blog. http://www.eph2810.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Carrie,

You are too cute. Lovely bowl. Have a blessed TT. Hugs, Lynn

Denise said...

Congrats sweetie, that is very beautiful.

bp said...

That is nice! I'm glad you won it!

i said...

That's a beautiful bowl! Glad you won it! Happy TT!

Nancie said...

Congrats, Carrie! The bowl is lovely. Rejoicing with you. Take care and may God bless you abundantly!