*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, October 16, 2008

ABCs of the Word - M


Pam explains the purpose of ABC’s of the Word:"God gave me this idea to start stirring up the Word in each of us by going through the alphabet, one letter each Thursday. I just think it would be cool to see how many different scriptures are listed each week. Even if it doesn't start with the letter of the week, make it predominately about that word that corresponds with the letter of the week. Other than following along with each week's letter there are no rules. Join in when you can and be blessed. Don't worry about missing a week or joining at letter I---whatever, I will willingly add anyone's blog at any time. Let's be encouraged by His Truth!’

This week’s letter is M
Celtic letter - Dover.com

"Let not the mighty man glory in his might"

"Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,

Let not the mighty man glory in his might,

Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;

But let him who glories glory in this,

That he understands and knows Me,

That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness,
judgment, and righteousness in the earth.

For in these I delight," says the LORD.
Jeremiah 9:23, 24


Above all powers, above all virtues, above all prosperity, let us put value where Our Lord puts value – a personal relationship with God.


For more ABC’s of the Word visit Pam at Grey Like Snuffie.

6 comments:

pam said...

oh---this is why I LOVE this idea of God's. I haven't read this verse in a while and I do LOVE it. I do love the book of Jeremiah. Have a grand day Carrie!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

May we all seek to understand and know Him. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love all the M's we're getting to read this morning. Have a wonderful day Carrie!

Just A Girl said...

Good morning Carrie,
Wonderful scripture. I love the part about "exercising" lovingkindness. It may be a reminder to us that lovingkindness needs to be practices and doesn't just spontaneously
happen.
Have a great day.
Cori G.

Margie said...

Oh, I love your post! Nothing else is really worth anything without having that personal relationship with Him!

Have a lovely day!
Margie

Kathy said...

What a wonderful passage, Carrie! I really enjoyed your choice. Thanks!!
Kathy