*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Grammar of Life



Today I would like to share a poem that I have had for many years in my collection of inspirational writings. The poem deals with the subject of attitude or perspective. How much it improves our life when we have a perspective that is hopeful and positive.

The Grammar of Life

"Said a Professor of English:
‘Live in the active voice,
not the passive.

Thank more about what you make happen
than what happens to you.

Live in the indicative mood,
rather than the subjunctive.

Be concerned with things as they are
rather than as they might be.

Live in the present tense,
facing the duty at hand
Without regret for the past
or worry for the future.

Live in the first person,
criticizing yourself
rather than finding fault with others

Live in the singular number,
Caring more for the approval
of your own conscience
than for the applause of the crowd.

And if you want a verb to conjugate,
You cannot do better than to take
The verb ‘to love’."
-- Author Unknown

This poem reminds me of the adage, "Bloom where you are planted." Make the most of your present circumstances. So I illustrate this post with closeups of flowers from my garden.


Thank you for stopping at my blog. My wish for you is that each day you may cultivate a positive and helpful perspective.

12 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

What gorgeous flowers!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Thank you for the poem and the beautiful photos of your flowers! Perfect for a Monday:)

Kelli said...

What a lovely poem and your flowers are beautiful! I love blue hydrangeas and your hostas are wonderful, too!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

Love your garden pictures -- you did a great job!!!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

What a great poem... and such pretty pictures! Thanks for the encouragement!

PAT said...

Lovely post, Carrie.

Pat

PAT said...

Lovely post, Carrie.

Pat

Jenn Thorson said...

Lovely flowers and a nice bit of wisdom for a summer day. :) Cheers, Carrie!

Judy Hartman said...

Beautiful photos and a wonderful poem!! I am a lover of English grammar and this will be a keeper for me!!
A lovely message!
This is my first visit to your blog and it is just beautiful!

tania said...

beautiful flowers!!
un abbraccio mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for your compliment on my planter. Someone suggested I put another plant in it... I think that's a wonderful idea. I don't know why I hadn't thought of something so simple... it's just sitting out on the deck right now.

Anita said...

Wonderful poem... and your flowers are so pretty!