*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Second Teacup Story

A second current ‘favorite’ teacup is one I found last Monday when my sister and I were looking at a display of teacups and saucers at the consignment shop.




I had never found a teacup and saucer of milkglass before, so I gladly snapped it up. It has its label which reads "Westmoreland Glass/ Authentic Milkglass/ Hand Made"



The pattern is named "Paneled Grape" and is embossed with a grape pattern on both the cup and the scalloped-edge saucer.


This cup and saucer is a welcome addition to my milk glass collection.


For links to other Tea Blog-a-Thon participants, please visit La Tea Dah at Gracious Hospitality.

6 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

I've never seen a milk glass cup and saucer before either. It's very pretty. Have you ever noticed how the 'stickers' on milk glass items seem to be meant to 'stay' on the glass forever? I leave them on mine just like everyone else does. . .but I wonder. . .why do we do it?

LaTeaDah

Judy said...

I'm not familiar with milkglass...but how pretty! I'm enjoying all the teacup stories...thanks for sharing.

tania said...

Buona Pasqua!!
Mary

Patty said...

Oh I love it. Maybe its a new england thing, but I adore milkglass. My mother did too. I have a piece of westmoorland, its a covered candy dish.
If you want to take the sticker off of milkglass, just smear some mayo on it, let it set for a couple hours and then scrape it off with your fingernail !

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a lovely tea cup and saucer! I don't think I've ever seen a milk glass c&s either! I want one!!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty: there is just something about milk glass that is so attractive. Maybe it's the texture.