*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Color Green in the Home

In honor of spring Angela at Cottage Magpie is doing a roundup of posts about the color green in the home or garden.


This is fun challenge. I love the color green for its links to nature – green leaves, grass, trees. It is one of my favorite colors and is found in small doses in almost every room. Here is a sampling.

In the living room on top of the desk cabinet are a pair of celadon green ceramic pots with peach roses.


Across the room in the curio cabinet are fruit and vegetable pitchers

On the shelf above is a lettuce plate

The dining room has a group of an Asian screen flanked by an embroidered piece with green fabric mat and an etching and oil painting.

Like the embroidery, the Asian picture is matted in green fabric.

The new drapes in the dining room are in aqua green and pick up the nearby wall art.

This wall group in the study is composed of two Spode green plates and a framed print


Check Angela’s for a round-up of all the participating blogs. Thank you for your visit and do come again.

7 comments:

Anita said...

You have such pretty things! :)

kari and kijsa said...

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Eleanor said...

Happy Easter, dear Carrie! I love the idea in the last photo of the two Spode (I love Spode) plates above and below the print. I am going to copy it in my house with your permission! I also love green especially combined with pink. Eleanor at Thatchwick

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a beautiful collection of green items! I enjoyed seeing some of your lovely home as well.

I don't have very much green in my house at all. Both of my daughters love green and have a lot in their houses.

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful treasures in your curio. Amazing how much green we all have surrounding us.

colorexpert said...

Love the green and white plates on your wall. The pottery is nice too.

I enjoyed all of the entries in Cottage Magpie's Green Roundup so much that I'm adding a post to my blog about it too.

Mrs. B said...

It's been fun reading everyone else's green posts! I love your green pitchers and those spode plates are gorgeous! I also really like that giant pineapple, even though it isn't green.

Your blog looks like a good one. I'll definately come back again!