*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Monday, September 5, 2011

Sharing Books on Blue and White

I haven’t posted to Sally’s Blue Monday for quite a while, so thought I’d squeeze in a short post today. While awaiting help to try fitting my new living room drawer chest in the dining room, I thought I would at least set up a quick vignette on my new piece of furniture. See yesterday’s post for information on this new item.
This blue and white vase has been used in my living room most of the time over the years since 1983 when I got new furniture and drapes for my apartment living room. The faux flowers are faded now, butSharing Books on Blue and White since the colors go with the drapes, I still use them. For a balanced composition I’m adding two glass pears made in Italy. I’ve had these for many years, having bought them at an Ethan Allen store in the 1990’s.

I then added some books by Alexandra Stoddard and one by Chris Casson Madden.




Then, I thought, "Ohh, wait…this is Blue Monday.!" So I pulled out some of my
books on décor with blues and whites and placed them with the vase and pears.



The first three books I got from my book club, Paperback Swap.com where you get to swap your unwanted books for those you want. I hve really enjoyed these books, especially Carolyne Roehm's title:

A Passion for Blue and White By Carolyne Roehm
The Blue and White Room by Mary Gilliatt
Blue and White Rooms for Your Home by Ann Rooney Heuer



The other two books are from my many books on blue and white, which include titles on blue and white china and pottery, and about which I will share another time.

Blue and White Living By Stephanie Hoppen
Decorating in Blue & White: Creative Ideas for the Home Decorator by Lynda Burgess


I am linking today’s post for Blue Monday at Smiling Sally.


I will also link to Table Top Tuesday hosted by Marty at A Stroll Thru Life .

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

What a gorgeous look you've achieved. I love those drapes, too.

Happy Blue Monday!

Kim, USA said...

Thank you for the website. And I like your dishes here. ^_^ And here is one more thing your drapes, is awesome. That just inspired me to do mine here. Thanks for sharing the photos!


Blue Monday

Unknown said...

I like it! You did a great job.Thanks for sharing.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a beautiful setting. I love your vignette, it is so lovely. The books are so fun to decorate with. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty