*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change Accomplished and Dessert Setting for Mother 93rd Birthday

In my September 4 post I indicated that a great Craigslist find yielded and in-progress change. Well this past week I was able to complete that change.

The Drawer Chest was moved from the living room and is now in the dining room and is stocked with flatware and linens. I at last have a server in the dining room, plus easy access to table setting items. The two small top drawers hold sets of napkin rings:



The next drawer holds three sets of flatware:

Next is napkin storage.

And finally, the bottom drawer holds placemats. I still need to arrange these drawers so they are much neater!


The display on top of the drawer chest complements the dessert table setting for my mother’s 93rd birthday held at my house on Sunday. We ate at her favorite restaurant, then returned to my home for cake and ice cream. The Royal Albert “Lady Carlyle” teapot, sugar and creamer take center stage, while the teacups and saucers are displayed on a wire teacup stand.

The flowers are Rose of Sharon and Sedum Autumn Joy from my garden.

As you may recall, this tablesetting incorporates the china and linens from my pink tea setting on the living room coffee table shown here. My mother loves to wear pink on her birthday as well as Mother’s Day and she had on a lovely outfit in shades of pink. The setting turned out very dainty, as I used silver plate chargers and candlesticks with deep pink candles, gilt-edged flatware, Lenox "Autumn" goblets, and pinkish green hydrangeas from the garden.



The cake (which got smushed while transported in the car) was placed on a ruffled-edge Princess House Crystal cake stand. It was nice to have the drawer chest nearby so I did not have to keep it on the table once it was sliced.

Visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more Metamorphosis Monday posts and for Tablescape Thursday. I am also linking to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home with hostess Cindy.

12 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

You have beautiful things, and this looks like such fun. Happy 93rd to the guest of honour!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Lady Linda said...

WOW...such a long life! Is your mom doing well?
I love your tea cups and the table setting is so pretty.
I really enjoyed seeing your napkin ring holders.
Welcome to Miss Spenser's Teacup Thursday, Will add you to my blog!
Linda

Carrie said...

Thank you, Jenny. I will convey your greeting when I speak with her.

Lady Linda, Yes, she is doing quite well. She has a few health problems and is unsteady on her feet, but she dresses herself and is quite sharp mentally. At her birthday dinner and dessert meals, she kept us all laughing with her witty comments. We are all very blessed!

Carrie

Marigene said...

Gorgeous hydrangeas...a very happy birthday to your mother.

Kathe said...

A very happy birthday to your mom from Colorado! Royal Albert, such a classic. You can't go wrong in using it on a tablescape.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Hope to see you again soon!
Kathe

Susan said...

Warm congratulations to your Mom. You are so blessed and lucky to have her.

Your dishes are exquisite! Susan

Martha said...

What a beautiful table and I have always liked Lady Carylisle!

Alycia Nichols said...

Happy belated 93rd birthday to your Mother! I am sure she was thrilled with the beautiful setting to match her outfit!!!

Tess said...

Happy birthday to your mother!!! The buffet looks beautiful (and don't you just love more storage?) especially with the setting? I adore this pattern (I have just one cup/saucer). The table looks so pretty and "girlie". I'm sure she had a great day!!!!

xinex said...

Happy birthday to your mom. My mom turned 93 last July so they are not too far in age. Your birthday table for her is gorgeous. Love the cabinet, akes you so organized. I also love your tea set, lovely pattern and colors...Christine

Annesphamily said...

Happy belated birthday to your mom! Awesome! I saw that Princess House cake plate, woo hoo! I was involved with them for nearly 15 years! The cake looks yummy too! What a terrific day! Anne

Carol Ann said...

Thank you for giving me a link to this post. Your drawer chest and the display are beautiful. Hope your mother had a great birthday! I love Craig's list. I just got a desk that my husband refinished and a antique baker's top and cabinet he restored. Here's a link if you'd like. http:carolannbychance.blogspot.com/2011/07/finished-antique-bakers-table.html