*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Friday, September 30, 2011

Thrifted Tuscan Tray and Great Buys At One King Lane

Lately my visits to local thrift stores have paid off quite nicely. I’ve found some great buys on home décor and tea items. I’m sharing one of these items for Show and Tell Friday at Cindy’s My Romantic Home.
This large tray is a dark red color and is a good size – it is 18 inches across both ways. The handles make it easy to carry. I saw it on top of a box full of items, and asked the clerk the price. Her answer, $3.00!

Flipping it over, I read the label which said, "Made in Italy." At home I saw that it was imprinted on the back with the word "Lenox." The little pasted-on printed tag states, "Winter Garden/ Wood Round tray/ Made in Italy" and the manufacturer’s price $86.00!



I like the subtle red which makes it useful at Christmas time as well as other times of the year. The design has a Tuscan style, a very appealing and popular decorative trend nowadays. It makes me want to look at décor books celebrating the flair evocative of that region. Also, lately I’ve been finding many sources for online bargains for books I love to add to my personal library. Books like Villas of Tuscany, a photo-filled survey of beautiful homes in that region of Italy.



The latest such source is One Kings Lane, which one can join for free and then enjoy the daily and weekly bargains. For example, today Friday September 30, 2011, a nice selection of coffee table books from Abrams publishing house are being offered. The prices are all marked down from the original.

Here are just a few that caught my eye:












Take a look at One Kings Lane and you may find a book, decorative accessory, or home furnishing that fits your taste and pocketbook.





Also linking to Flaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating.

6 comments:

Inspired by you said...

Great score on your tray! Thanks for your thoughts on to paint or not my armoire!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Love the tray! And I want all of those books. Maybe I'll have to check out One Kings Lane.

Thanks for visiting! New follower.

Elegant Economies said...

Love your red tray....and only $3! Thank you for coming by to see me... now following!
Audrey

Entertaining Women said...

Your tray is like found treasure....and only $3.00! Great get. Thank you for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Love your finds too! I'm a follower!
Amber @junkaholicsunanimous

Chris said...

Hello Carrie, what a wonderful find. I'm sure you will get plenty of use out of it, especially at Christmas time. Good for you. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris