*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday – Happy Anticipation


Spring is just around the corner now, though we had more snow a couple days ago. One of the things I am looking forward to is putting flowers in planters on the front steps. Flowers like these magenta colored double impatiens, which I enjoyed for several weeks last summer.


I am also looking forward to seeing how the new plant bed near the back fence can be further developed this year. The perennials include hostas and a blue hydrangea bush which was added a few weeks after this photo was taken.


Just thinking of all the beauty ahead makes me break out in a happy smile.

See more Outdoor Wednesday posts at Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The impatients are gorgeous and I love to watch a flower bed fill out and bloom. I'm sure yours will be lovely. Hugs, Marty

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love the impatients that look like little roses, they're so pretty.

Anonymous said...

That's one big bowl full of flowers :-) I do hope with your excitement that you won't get impatient. Leave the impatience to the impatiens :-)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Carrie! I am looking forward to filling my pots too! I have tried to wait this year because I usually do it too soon and then we have another freeze that huts them! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Tealady said...

Hi Carrie,

I enjoyed seeing your photos for Outdoor Wednesday. Your back bed has so many possibilities. Consider it a blank canvas and you are the artist. Post follow-up pictures in a few months, okay?

All the best, Lana

Blondie's Journal said...

That pot of impatiens is absolutely overflowing! I have never seen that before~you have a very green thumb.

You seem to be well on your way with your perennial garden. Can't wait to see it later this summer!

Happy OW!! :-)

xoxo
Jane