*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, March 19, 2009

ABCs of the Word – F

Pam at Grey Like Snuffie hosts ABC’s of the Word to focus on a scripture in which the week’s letter is highlighted.

This week’s letter is F

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
"I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life."

John 8:12 NIV

This wonderful promise assures us that as we follow our Lord our way will be luminous with his grace and protection. The phrase "will never walk in darkness" indicates that whatever difficulties we may face, God will see us through.
As I am slowly recovering from a bout of sickness after this year of being a full-time and sole caregiver to an elderly parent, I can have hope that my needs will be met.
Many thanks to all who have inquired after my health. Your prayers are most appreciated.

For more ABC’s of the Word visit Pam at Grey Like Snuffie.

clipart - DoverPublications.com


ABCs of the Word

5 comments:

pam said...

Follows implies an action on our part...and it must be an ongoing action! good one---agreeing with you for God's continued strength as you recover!

Anonymous said...

He is our light but we must follow to walk in his light. That is powerful. I hope that this day you contiune to heal.

Winging It said...

"the light of life." mmm... He gives such good and perfect gifts doesn't He?

I pray He brings you springs of refreshing!
Maria

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Following Jesus with you!

In His Graces~Pamela

Carol said...

Yes Following a choice on our part, and one that I have never regretted.

Feel better. So often the caregiver, forgets to care for themselves. You are a blessing to your parent, please rest yourself. I have a friend who cares so lovingly for his wife, yet always looks so tired. I will add you to my prayer list.

In Him,
Carol