*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, March 12, 2009

ABCs of the Word – E

Pam at Grey Like Snuffie hosts ABC’s of the Word to focus on a scripture in which the week’s letter is highlighted.

This week’s letter is E


However, as it is written:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard,

no mind has conceived

what God has prepared

for those who love him"

1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV

Just as we cannot imagine all the wonderful things the Lord has awaiting us in the heavenly kingdom, so we do not grasp all that is available by grace for our daily life. Only by trusting in His love can we enjoy His kingdom now, as we claim Jesus’ declaration, "The kingdom of heaven is within you." Luke 17:21

For more ABC’s of the Word visit Pam at Grey Like Snuffie.

clipart - DoverPublications.com

8 comments:

pam said...

Oh this is good...I love how God lays out His Word each week...things we all need to be reminded of...thank you Carrie!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful verse, the Lord does provide for us in Heaven and here on earth. We just have to trust and believe and put our faith in Him. Hugs, Marty

Tealady said...

Dear Carrie,

What a magnificent verse! It is filled with wondrous possibilities. If God has prepared such a marvelous world that we currently enjoy then it boggles the mind that we cannot begin to imagine what is in store for us. Encouragement, indeed!

Blessings, Lana

Winging It said...

Isn't He so good to us?! As I type this I just thought how sad for those who haven't bothered to get to know Him in His Word to see - indeed - how good He is!

Great ABC!

Glad to meet you - your blog is so cute!
Maria

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

So true, so true!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I can't imagine and I really can't wait...

In his Graces~Pamela

sailorcross said...

This brought to my mind the song "I Can Only Imagine"!! And, yes, we can only imagine. When I look around me at God's creation here on earth--the beauty of the sunset, the sunrise, the trees beginning to bud--it does make me wonder what awaits us in Heaven.

But, also--your choice of verse made me wonder what I'm missing out on here on earth by not fully placing my trust in God.

Thanks for setting my mind into thinking mode this morning!! "The Kingdom of Heaven is WITHIN YOU"!!

Beth

Summer Gypsy said...

This is one of my favorite Bible quotes. Several years ago I attended Mass with my best friend who had breast cancer. The song "Eyes Have Not Seen" was sung at that Mass. She became critically ill within the next week and passed away shortly thereafter. This was the last hymn she sang in church before her death. She knew because her eyes were radiant. Thanks for sharing this special verse again. This is my first trip to your blog! I love it!
Blessings on this Sunday morning,
Marilyn