*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday – 50's Charm


Today’s vintage thing is green dishware by Anchor Hocking in the "Charm" pattern. I showed this dishware in my St. Patrick’s Day tea tablesetting, and wanted to share a little about this simple but brilliant pattern.



The "Charm" pattern was produced by Anchor Hocking between 1950 and 1956 and was produced in both green and a ruby red color way. The square plates also have a starburst pattern in the center.


Plates included bread and butter, dessert, luncheon and dinner sizes. There is also an oblong platter.


Bowls came in dessert, soup and serving sizes.


The square cups were tea or coffee cups while rounded ones were for the large punch bowl and served as punch cups.





Be sure to see more Vintage Thingies Thursday posts listed by our hostess Suzanne at Coloradolady.


Visit Cindy at My Romantic Home for links to other Show and Tell participants.

15 comments:

Salmagundi said...

What a beautiful green, sparkly color. Enjoyed this post. Sally

The Muse said...

"simple but brilliant"
you yourself have stated it quite well! vintage pieces always speak to me :)

LV said...

I have seen that pattern once before. I like things not too fancy, and these dishes would suit me fine.

CC said...

What beautiful pieces. They're just a gorgeous color..Happy VTT,and have a lovely weekend.

Postcardy said...

I like that color.

viridian said...

Happy green VTT!

Marigene said...

Beautiful green vintage dishes.

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful green! I love this set of dishes, very pretty! Have a great VTT!

Paulette said...

What a wonderful green, and I especially love the square cups.

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

These are really stunning! The color is so bright and vibrant. Beautiful for St. Patrick's Day or any time of the year!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very pretty Carrie...loved seeing this Thanks for sharing...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Debbie said...

The green dishes are beautiful and the gold flatware looks perfect with it.

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful hue of green. It just glows! Beautiful job!

Miss Janice said...

Love these green dishes...beautiful!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

They are a wonderful colour, Carrie! I love green! Just a reminder that Tea Time Tuesday is tomorrow. I would love to have you join me once again. Have a wonderful evening.

Blessings,
Sandi