*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What’s On Your Walls Wednesdays – Wall Shapes


I just learned about a new weekly meme for Wednesdays, called What’s On Your Walls. It is hosted by Barb at Grits and Glamour.

I thought I’d share my use of round and rectangular shapes on the wall in my study.
Just inside the door to the right is a grouping of two Spode plates and a framed floral print.

Plate with Portland vase, from Spode’s Blue Room collection, Transfer-printed in green

Floral still life print

Plate with urn, also from Spode’s Blue Room collection


While that grouping is simply symmetrical with repeated shapes above and below the middle print; the groupings on each side of the windows are sort of reverse images of each other. The groupings are both anchored by rectangular prints in the middle. However, the left side has a round object on top, while the right side has the round object on the bottom. I tend to like a bit of idiosyncrasy in my décor.


On the left side of the window

there is a round wood clock,

above a framed oil painting,

and a framed and matted watercolor painting.



On the right side,

there is a pochoir print [See post on this vintage stencil print]
above a framed oil painting,

and a round plate of the Parthenon, a gift from Greece brought for me by a co-worker.


Thank you for looking at my funny wall groupings. See more wall display treasures at Barb’s blog.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such pretty pictures set up so attractively. There is an art to doing that. I love your spode plates too. I have some pink red and some white ones. Lovely.
thank you for sharing.
come by and visit when you have some time.
Judi

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM girl this is all pretty the way you have them hung..I am loving that oil painting of the ships..now you can just send that to me for my sun room..ha ha!! love your Spode plates...the green just is so pretty...you have some wonderful things girl..every time I come here I see things I need to take home...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Melissa Miller said...

It's all just beautiful Carrie. Love the mint colored tea platter.

Hop all is well with you.
I haven't heard from you in so long.

~Take Care. ~Melissa :)

Unknown said...

You have quite a beautiful collection of art. Thanks for sharing.

Kat said...

What a nice collection you have, and I love the way you have it displayed. Those spode plates are gorgeous, and I really like the small oil street scene. Thanks for sharing this! Kathy

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Neat stuff Carrie! I like your attention to detail w/ the geometric shapes of your "wallscapes". Happy WOYWW!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a beautiful home you have. I'm in love with your Spode plates.. girl I'm drooling over their beauty. Your oil paintings are out of sight.. Thanks for sharing darling. Hope you had a super Wednesday.hugs ~lynne~

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful wall art. Your paintings and the Spode plates are both just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. This gives me some ideas of things I could arrange in a different way. Hugs, Marty

La Tea Dah said...

Thank you, Carrie, for this post. I am working on a plate/framed art wall right now and need ideas. I love your example of the Spode plates above and below a picture. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

LaTeaDah

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I have read several of your post...I have enjoyed reading!