*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Monday, September 29, 2008

Recovering…and Happy

The past few weeks I have been swamped with preparations for family for the long weekend, Sept 19-22…all the while anticipating the fun it would be to have my sisters around and to go shopping with them. So there have been tons of telephone calls and e-mails back and forth with family members who were coming, grocery shopping at four stores, and continuous planning for:

Mother’s 90th Birthday Dinner at an Italian restaurant
Trip to Tower Hill Botanic Garden
Breakfasts for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Supper for Friday evening
Saturday night - Family Celebration Supper & Baby Shower for niece
Sunday – Lancaster Flea Market, then historical museums. [The flea market was such a draw, that we never got to the local museums.]
Sunday – Afternoon Tea

Here is a photo of the birthday cake and roses:


The restaurant owner and our waiter await us as we come in the rear entrance -- for a shorter trip in for the birthday girl.

The tables had white tablecloths and red napkins. A pair of gilt cherubs added a touch of Italy.



Everyone enjoyed their choices of Eggplant parmesan, Chicken parmesan, White fish, Ravioli, Caesar salad, Mesclun salad, Biscotti, Ricotta tart, and Chocolate almond cake with marscarpone.


A great time was had by our now 90-year mother, her five children, and several grandchildren and her sister. Family came from Florida, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York and Massachusetts, by plane, by car and by bus.


It must be said, however, that I was ever so grateful to make it through the weekend. While we were at the flea market Sunday afternoon, my sister and her daughter (both RNs) had to massage my shoulders and lower back to help me cope, as throbbing pain was driving me nuts.

Everyone -- especially mother -- has expressed their enjoyment of the weekend's events, so I know God provided in my time of need, as I sometimes I was not sure I would come through in one piece.

But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.
Is 40:31 KJV



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

Beautiful tablesetting - I am glad to hear that your mother had a wonderful birthday celebration! :)

Decor To Adore said...

What a wonderful day and such a beautiful memory for many. I would love to see a picture of the beautiful birthday girl. Give her a big "happy birthday" greeting from me.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You certainly gave your mother a special celebration of her 90th birthday! I'm sure she is very pleased with it all. Wish her a belated Happy Birthday from me!

I hope you get rested up soon!

Katherine