*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Monday, January 14, 2008

"Locally Heavy Snowstorm"

I got up this morning to a white winter wonderland.
On the television the New England News Network (NECN) meteorologist said that the locally heavy snowstorm had put down 6 inches in some places, 8 inches in others. Maine will likely get 10 inches.

Through the screen door from the kitchen, the stair railing seems to have about 7 inches on it. Just beyond is the top of the fence which also has a rim of snow. I had never seen snow piled on the top edge of the fences before. The snow is really sticking to trees, fences, rooftops, you name it.


From my dining room I could see the snow on the deck railing and piled up on the deck itself. Two flowerpots are covered too.



From the living room the snow flocked the rhododenron and arborvitae shrubs




It is all very lovely to look at. More snow is promised for later this week. Well, that's New England for you!


I trust you are having a fine day -- whatever your weather might be.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful! I'm jealous! ;)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Those pictures make this Florida gal shiver!!

Very pretty.

Katherine

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

My goodness! What a lot of snow! Georgia is anticipating a little snow tonight and it has already begun! But if we get a few inches, that's a lot for here!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment about my painted glass and thank you for stopping by. I will visit you again!
Barbara