*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WordFilled Wednesday – The Names of Our Savior

graphic from jesuschristis.com



The above poster reminds us of the many names given in Scripture for our Savior Jesus Christ. Each name denotes one aspect of the fullness we can find in Him.
Here are some of the Biblical references:


For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 NKJV

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 1:29 NIV

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
John 6:35 NIV

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 14:6 NKJV

During this Easter time the image of the Good Shepherd is a joyful promise.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.
John 10:11 NKJV

Let’s praise God for His marvelous Gift!

This post is linked to Wordfilled Wednesday. This week’s hostess is Christy at Critty Joy.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Carrie... What a beautiful photo of Jesus' Names and how inspiring is your message and scriptures! I'm in a study on the Names of God but I receive one on the Names of Jesus (so I had this in draft for someday).

I love the image of the Good Shepherd!

[I think your link at Critty Joy's MckLinky is not right! I had to get you from when we did ABC's together. Go try it out and see, it could be me but that may expalin why not many have been here]One of mines were wrong also.

why said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Lovely! Thank you for the "UP" this morning!

Carrie said...

Peggy -- Thank you for alerting me to the problem with my link. I just made a correction to Mr Linky.
Carrie

Jess Gordon said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing these! ~Jess