*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Thankful For Family and All His Blessings To Me


Today I am thankful for my family but in a special way, for the family made up of my sister, her husband and two sons, as well as their daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, and three grandsons. As mentioned in other posts this week I spent a week at their home in Florida, before returning home with our mother, who had been with them for just over one month. This visit inspired me to celebrate the joys and beauties of life with renewed energy. A prime blessing for me, of course, is having family with whom to enjoy life.

Happy Birthday Banner and Streamers at Surprise Birthday Party on August 6, 2009


Last year my blog post for August 14 read:
"A major blessing this week was my birthday on Monday August 11. The last part of Deut. 33:25 comes to mind with its promise of strength necessary to thrive at our present chronological age:
The NKJV reads, "As your days, so shall your strength be."
The NIV states, "and your strength will equal your days."

Yesterday as I contemplated having had one more year of life, I prayed for grace to live more fully for our Lord. I prayed that I might be stronger, more cheerful and always conscious of all the blessings I receive from Him. Two scriptures express my resolution to be more like Christ Jesus as I go about my life during this next year of life.

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him,
rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness."
Colossians 2:6-7 NIV

"Rejoice always,
pray without ceasing,
in everything give thanks;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV


Read more expressions of gratitude for God’s blessings in the lives of His children at Iris’s blog, Grace Alone.

3 comments:

Denise said...

May God always bless your family.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Happy Belated Birthday! So nice you were with your family on your birthday!

This post about your family is so sweet.

Katherine

Karen said...

Happy Birthday week...family is such a great blessing!