*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Show and Tell Part 2 - House Tour

Show and Tell
In this post I continue to celebrate my sister and brother-in-law’s lifestyle with a tour of their open-concept home. Here are photos I took during my stay.

The double front doors lead into the Foyer.


Inside the Foyer entry doors with their glass panels. The lantern light fixture will be replaced soon.
This is a closeup of window above the front doors. (Sorry for the dark image)

Wall décor includes a mirror and clock on the right side of the doors above the oak bench.
Above are mirrors and one of several pairs of sconces in the home.

View of left side of front doors
Still in the Foyer, looking toward laundry room and garage

Just ahead of the Foyer is the Living Room:
A pair of white chaises defines the end of the Living Room
Twin chaises and coffee table
The glass-topped coffee table has iron legs with branches. The footstool legs echoes the ironwork of the table.
Sofa and side table with photos, mirror and another pair of sconces. The animal print pillows echo the footstool and the pillow on the wooden bench in the Foyer.
The white sofa is upholstered in white leather and has simple, elegant lines.
The sofa with vintage mirror above and curio cabinet beyond.
This view shows the vintage curio cabinet and one of a pair of side chairs also upholstered in white leather.
A closeup through the glass doors of the vintage curio cabinet:

The family loves to read so there are lots of books. Here is a stack of some favorite titles on top a box next to the sofa end table.


Next is an overview of the Kitchen:

The area above the cabinets is used as a display area for baskets, figurines of birds and other items.

Here is a view across a kitchen counter to windows of the four season room.
Another view from the kitchen to the four season room. (On the lower left is a walker my sister borrowed from a friend, since shewas temporarily unable to walk due to a very recent injury. )
One of the dining chairs with family room in background. On the chair is one of many throw pillows found throughout the home.
A view of dining room area at one end of the new four season room:
Looking across the dining table to the front doors:
A blue and white urn rests on the floor beside the china cabinet in dining area.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the lovely home of a wonderful couple. They mean the world to me so I have been glad to share their home and lifestyle in this week’s posts.

Please visit more Show and Tell at Kelli's There is No Place Like Home.

16 comments:

Martha said...

A very pretty home. Thanks for sharing.

Gee said...

Thanks for the tour. Its so lovely and beautiful home and thanks for sharing.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

isn't it great how open and airy the feeling is? Thanks for taking me along on the tour!

Anne Fannie said...

Thanks for the tour. Very lovely home...
~Ann

ItaJeff said...

You have such a lovely home. I love the way you put the decor above your kitchen cabinet. Very neat.
Happy Friday
♥Ita

Hootin Anni said...

Your whole house decor is like it's taken right from Home and Garden! Everything is gorgeous. I especially like the oak bench from the foyer!!!

My show n tell is posted...it's ONE GREAT HOUSEHOLD tip today. Something I did this past week, that I want to 'shout to the world' how great a tip it is!!! Come by and see/read the step by step.

Have a great weekend.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for the house tour - it's alway fun to "sneak a peek" in someone else's house.

Nanna said...

I would get lost in that house lol thanks for the tour, it's beautiful!
Helen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a gorgeous home. I love the open concept. So pretty. Thanks for the tour. Hugs, Marty

Carrie said...

Ita Jeff,
Thanks for the compliment, but it is my sister's home. I'll pass on your nice comment to her and her husband.
Carrie

Carrie said...

Hootin Anni,
What a lovely thing to say! I’ll pass on the compliment to my sister and brother-in-law since it is their home.
Carrie

Signing Out said...

You have a lovely home! Love those DR chairs! I see you are in MA also.

Jane

The Old Parsonage said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such sweet in-laws? I love mine to death too!

Leann

Carrie said...

Jane @ Frugal Fine Living -- Thanks you for the lovely compliment, but this is my sister and brother-in-law's home in Florida, so I'll pass on your nice comment. Yes, I live just north west of Boston and flew in to Logan last week.
Carrie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a nice foyer she has - so light and bright! Thanks for the tour - I enjoyed it!

Manuela

Mrs.T said...

How lovely! Although it is not my personal style, it is very, very beautiful and -- it's fun to visit others' homes and see how they have decorated to their own personal taste.

Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my kitchen table too.

God bless,
Mrs.T