1. Blogging lets me meet interesting, talented, funny, people I would never have met otherwise. For example, Laurie at Bargain Hunting With Laurie prepares posts that are charming, very personal and certain to make you chuckle. Here is her blog button:
3. Visiting other blogs and reading the writing and photos is very inspirational. I particularly enjoy posts on decor and many other topics by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. She also sponsors weekly events such as Metamorphosis Monday and Tablescape Thursday.
4. Blogging provides many opportunities to learn from others and also to share your own know-how.
5. Receiving encouraging comments from other bloggers reinforces my talents and interests and stimulates further development. An encouraging comment will also pick me up when I'm feeling blue. Many bloggers freely express their Christian faith and perspectives. Certain weekly memes such as Word-Filled Wednesday provides opportunity for much mutual encouragement.
6. The blog world encourages giving and receiving awards in recognition of your contributions to blogland. Here is one I received from Karla @ Ramblin' Roads.
8. The various weekly and seasonal blog events or memes helps bring other bloggers to your blog and takes you to discover new blogs as well. At Smiling Sally we have a gracious hostess in the lovely Sally, who promotes the beauty of blue all around us.
9. I find that my blogs serve as an outlet for my collecting activities as I share photos and information on the collections. Since October 2008 my nativity scenes are shared on my Carola Nativity Gallery blog:
10. My personal lifestyle is enhanced by ideas from other bloggers. This is especially true as various holidays come around and as the seasons change. It is certainly enriching to learn about family customs and recipes, decor ideas, and ways to enhance celebration with family and friends.
*A Special Invitation...