*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What’s On Your Walls Wednesdays – Eclectic Wall Grouping


This post is for a delightful weekly blog event called What’s On Your Walls. Barb hosts it at Grits and Glamour.

In the hall to the bedrooms and study, just across from the door to the guest bathroom, is an eclectic medley of framed items including a mirror, watercolor, two Asian prints and a wooden pineapple plaque.




The mirror has a stylized floral border in an Art Nouveau style. (Please overlook the dust!)

The blue and white souvenir plates on the guest bathroom walls are barely visible in the mirror.



Here is a vintage Japanese print framed in a bamboo frame. I bought this at a junk shop that is now closed. I enjoy looking at the placid landscape, with the mountains, trees and lake with tiny boat.

Hanging above this is a second Asian print. It shows a pair of Chinese panda bears enjoying a bamboo patch.

I found the print at a junk shop and then had it matted and framed. The print came with the inner gilt mat.

The round wood plaque is the seal of the Republic of Honduras, in Central America. My aunt brought it back in about 2003 when she and my brother’s daughter went to visit relatives. Our family moved to NYC from Honduras in 1959, so this souvenir means a lot to me.


Another round item in the wall grouping is this watercolor of a lotus flower painted by one of my sisters. She placed her painting in an old wood frame with gilt edging.


This is a vintage print of George Washington’s home in what seems to be the original frame:


The print is titled "The Piazza at Mount Vernon, VA" and was copyright in 1930/// by the Mt. Vernon Ladies Association. The artist is Elizabeth O’Neill Verner.


I enjoy the perspective of this drawing of the piazza.

The next item is from Marshall’s. It was made in South Africa and shows a lady made of real butterflies. I posted about it for a Show and Tell in 2008.


Finally, the wall group includes a carved wood pineapple-shaped plaque.


The carving is very realistic.


Thanks for looking at this display of some of my wall art. Do some again and please leave a comment.

See more wall display ideas and treasures at Barb’s blog.

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great wall grouping. Each piece is so special and pretty all by itself and then you've arranged them in such a wonderful manner that is so interesting. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I like seeing what other people put on their walls. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I like the asian prints the best. They remind me of my Aunt's house growing up. They had lived in Hong Kong for awhile & had lots of asian prints. You have quite an eclectic mix of items.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This is such a pretty grouping, and I enjoyed your commentary about them. Love that one of the porch of Mt. Vernon. They are all lovely. laurie

Jeanne said...

Your wall art is very attractive and special because it has meaning to you. I enjoyed your stories about them as well. a very interesting post.

Hugs...Jeanne