*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tagged on Favorite Authors

I have been tagged by Jeanette at Down White Oak Lane about my favorite authors.


Who is your all-time favorite author and why?
C.S. Lewis. I have been very inspired by his essays and books on various aspects of the Christian’s life. Favorite titles are Reflections on the Psalms, Letters to Malcolm, Chiefly on Prayer
Who was your first favorite author and why?
Laura Ingalls Wilder was one of the authors for whome I tried to read every book by her that I could borrow from the public library.
Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?Yes, as far as books ablout pioneer American life. I recently bought the following book, Laura Ingalls Wilder: A Biography by William Anderson.


Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Frances Mayes. I’ve enjoyed reading her Under the Tuscan Sun. Her descriptions are so vivid, it was just like being there. I’ve started another book by her called Bella Tuscany
If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Emilie Barnes, Og Mandino, Alexandra Stoddart, Susan Lynam Clough


I would like to tag, and invite to participate, the following four bloggers:

Ann - Life at Ann's Place

Rules: Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear girl.I don't read at all.I never got into it.Sorry.I have been wanting to tell you though.I have the nativity scene I won from you out and one that just happened to be in the house.My hubby was very late bringing in the Christmas decoration.but...when he finally did.As usual,ha,he only brought in part of them.Apparently he got bitten by a spider.His rt pointer finger is all swollen,he has spent all wk going to drs and x-rays and an mri.Finally no conclusion except to wait until Mon to see if the swelling goes down.It already has and he says it hurts alot less.So maybe we're out of the woods.So I guess this is all the decorations i'll have this yr.My daughter wanted to come over and help.But she lives 2 hrs away from here.I have a lung disease so I can't carry anything.I wanted so badly to show you my sets.baaaaaaaaaa.But theres always next yr.I learned one thing for sure.If I ever get my decorations back in this house.They will not go out again.haha.
I am flattered you chose me.But,I haven't erad 5 or 6 books in my life.I am so sorry...Ann

Unknown said...

I have a few friends who love CS Lewis. I just finished, The Horse and His Boy, to my youngest, Lizzy, last night. We really enjoyed the story. Thanks for doing this, it has really been fun to see which authors you like.

Carrie said...

Ann, Don't worry...that is quite OK.
Carrie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Carrie...I've posted my favorite authors! Thanks for thinking of me! Merry Christmas...Debbie

Anonymous said...

I also love Laura Ingals Wilder. I read almost all of her collections.:D