*Pin button by mybloggerbuzz.com*/

Friday, November 14, 2008

Hopeful Friday – A Morning Prayer


Cielo at The House in the Roses is sponsoring Hopeful Friday to give blogger friends another opportunity to " celebrate God, to celebrate His mercy and unconditional love, but also a day to celebrate positive thoughts. We need hope to replace our restlessness, we need courage to replace our fear, and we need faith to replace our doubt."

Here is a prayer which expresses a desire to do good and not harm. How important it is to cast light in each others path each day.

A Morning Prayer

Let me today do something that will take
A little sadness from the world’s vast store,
And may I be so favored as to make
Of joy’s too scanty sum a little more.

Let me not hurt, by any selfish deed
Or thoughtless word, the heart of foe or friend.
Nor would I pass unseeing worthy need,
Or sin by silence when I should defend.

However meager by my worldly wealth.
Let me give something that shall aid my kind—
A word of courage, or a thought of health
Dropped as I pass for troubled hearts to find.

Let me tonight look back across the span
Twixt dawn and dark, and to my conscience say—
Because of some good act to beast or man—
"The world is better that I lived today."

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I trust this will be our experience today. Happy Hopeful Friday!

To see more of today’s "chain of positive thoughts and inspirational messages" please go here for Cielo’s list.

16 comments:

Tardevil said...

Thanks for coming by my blog today. Sometime in the next few weeks, if you don't mind, I want to send people over to look at your nativity blog. It is just awesome to me, and I'm not sure everyone has seen it. Is it ok w/ you? If I should forget, please remind me!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Thank You...and God bless...hugs and smiles Gloria

Carla said...

Lovely! Blessings to you and yours:)

Debbie in CA : ) said...

'Tis an echo of my daily prayer. : ) I start the morning on my knees and prepare for a flood of JOY. : )

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful. Happy Hopeful Friday!

CurtissAnn said...

What a great poem and prayer! Thank you so much for sharing.

Mindy said...

Such a great prayer!

Jeanne said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful morning prayer. If only everyone could heed the lovely words, the world would be a better place.

Hugs..Jeanne

Salmagundi said...

Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for sharing that wonderful prayer. Sally

tea time and roses said...

Hello Carrie!

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful prayer. Enjoy a lovely weekend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Arija said...

Thank you, that is a lovely guideline for anyone's day.

Anonymous said...

I TOO LOVE THE PRAYER.MAY GOD CONTINUE HIS BLESSINGS UPON YOU MY DEAR...ANN

Linda C said...

Thanks for posting such a great poem! And thanks for stopping by my blog. Come anytime:)
Linda C

Kelli said...

Lovely post! I hope you are having a blessed weekend!
~Kelli

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Carrie...thanks for coming by my PINK Saturday and all your kinds words..hugs and smiles Gloria

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Very nice...